About the Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY)
The schemes aims at achieving 4% annual growth of production in case of major crops through various approaches. Viz. -
- Integrated development of major food crops such as wheat, paddy, coarse cereals,minor millets, pulses, oilseeds : Assessment of yield gaps and minimizing the gaps with the introduction of new technologies by conducting specific demonstration. The farmers are provided with specific inputs to conduct the demonstration and replicate the technology in the following years.
- Agriculture mechanization: Assistance are provided for farm mechanization efforts especially for improved and gender friendly tools, implements and machinery. Major reason for gap in production and productivity lies in shortage of Agricultural Machineries and implements with the farmers. Tractors, Power Tillers, Sprayers and other necessary machineries are distributed to the farmers at subsidized rate.
- Activities related to enhancement of soil health: This would include efficient quality control of inputs including strengthening of laboratories and enhancing soil health. Assistance can be provided to the farmers for distributing soil health cards; micro nutrient demonstration; training of farmers for promotion of organic farming
- Encouraging non-farm activities: Assistance to agri-entreprenuers / agri-graduates to set up agri-clinics / agri-business centres
- Strengthening of Market Infrastructure and marketing development: Assistance for setting up of cold storages, cold chains, godowns, formation of farmer’s SHGs, setting up collection centre etc. Assistance to PRIs/SHGs in promoting collection and sale to mandis/government agencies.